Awards & Competition
Inverness Festival of the Arts 2019 Awards for Fine Art
Total of $6,000 in art awards available this year!
- Best of Show $2500
- Judges Award $1000
- Awards of Excellence 1 $500
- Awards of Excellence 2 $500
- Awards of Excellence 3 $500
- Awards of Distinction 1 $200
- Awards of Distinction 2 $200
- Awards of Distinction 3 $200
- Awards of Distinction 4 $200
- Awards of Distinction 5 $200
Awards are for Fine Art categories only, see below.
Fine Art Categories
$6,000 in awards available
- Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
- Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image or the manipulation of a source material is executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
- Drawing: Works created using such dry media as chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils and wax crayon or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
- Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited.
- Glass: Original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
- Graphic & Printmaking: Print works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Offset reproductions are not allowed. Print makers are required to disclose both their creative and print making process.
- Jewelry: All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work allowed.
- Metalwork: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
- Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist. Jewelry is not considered mixed-media; jewelry must apply in the JEWELRY category. Photography is not considered mixed-media; photography must apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category. If you have questions or need clarification, call and talk with us.
- Painting: Works created using such materials as oils, acrylics and watercolor, are in this category. Reproductions are allowed; however, they must be signed and limited editions.
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image (e.g., film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision, are included in this category. Images printed through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital.
- Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium (e.g., bronze, stone, acrylic).
- Wood: Original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
Awarded Ribbon for Popular Vote
Craft must be handmade and be suitable for one of the designated categories. Craft categories will not compete for award monies.
- Folk Art
- Shell craft/Driftwood